We’d like to invite you to share in the joy of our new building by participating in a Prayer Open House this week. Please arrive during the timeslot that works best for you, be sure to wear your mask, and do your best to practice social distancing while at the church. Come wander around and as you do we’ll give you a few suggested prayer points for particular areas of the building. We will have lights turned on and doors propped open for you, but as much as you are able we’d ask that you do your best to refrain from touching surfaces throughout the building. The restrooms on the first floor will be open should you need them, but please do not use the others to limit the cleaning that will need to be done after each Open House. We will provide hand sanitizer throughout the building, but again we’d ask for your help to minimize contact with surfaces to keep the building safe for staff who are there daily.
>> Monday, June 22 from Noon-1P, 6-7P
>> Wednesday, June 24 from Noon-1P, 6-7P
>> Thursday, June 25 from Noon-1P, 6-7P
Points for Prayer:
- Pray that we would continue to worship God in spirit and in truth, as the ones who built this building a century ago envisioned.
- Pray that our singing would go upward to God in a glorifying way, and go outward to one another in an edifying way.
- Pray that the preaching of God's Word would result in conversion of unbelievers and the building up of followers of Jesus.
- Pray that Christian people, having been together, would be equipped for good works in their everyday tasks and vocations.
- Pray that God would give us good connections with other organizations who are seeking to meet the needs of people in our city.
- Pray that as Christians we would have a reputation of being known for loving people.
- Pray that God would draw unbelieving people to himself through us and that we would help many become followers of Jesus.
- Pray for the Lord to raise up Christian workers from our church who will commit their lives to serving Him locally and internationally.
- Pray for those who are involved in teaching the Bible to children; pray for faithfulness in their teaching and example.
- Pray that the children of our church would put their trust in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Pray that children would continue to walk with Jesus as they grow up.
- Pray that our church would steward the gospel into the next generation.
- Pray for the leaders of our church to be faithful in their teaching and example.
- Pray that those who work for our church would work in unity with one another and with other gospel-minded churches.
- Pray that the leaders of our church would revere God and endeavor to make His name known in Lakewood and around the world.
- Pray that the leaders of our church would continue to grow in their love for Christ and devotion to Him.
Student Ministry & Fellowship Hall
- Pray that students would continue to walk with Jesus as they grow up, that they would be strengthened in their faith, and that they would learn to love being active members in the local church.
- Pray that the church would come alongside parents to help them raise up their children to love and trust in Jesus.
- Pray for friendships among the students, that they would learn to encourage and challenge one another in their faith.
- Pray that in our Christian relationships we would be at peace, that we would teach one another, admonish one another, and love one another.